About Me

My photo
I have spent a great deal of my life battling illness. I suffered from Crohn's Disease and eventually had abdominal surgery, thwarting the Crohn's and budding cancer cells. Since my surgery in 1995 I have been relatively free from Crohns', although I had several subsequent surgeries related to my ileostomy..When my disease was in remission, I don't think my husband realized how bad it could get, but he has stood by me. I also have suffered from various autoimmune disorders and am diagnosed with Stage IV Kidney Disease. Fortunately, I am maintaining and do not need dialysis at this point. We adopted our son and later found out he had cerebral palsy, so he became my career. Dan has had two surgeries and tons of therapy and is able to walk because of it. He is a college graduate and is employed as an Information Specialist. We are very proud of his accomplishements. I am now part of the retired generation and still getting used to the idea. I do enjoy crafting, traveling and being with family and friends. I am active in my church and feel that the hardships we endure are there to build our faith. I like to live life in the "now" as we never know how much time is left.

Friday, March 26, 2010

What's going on?

Have had a heck of a time these last two weeks. First of all, I broke my leg/ankle at the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Bowl-a-thon. Did something really stupid; bought a Pepsi, bumped my elbow, spilled some Pepsi and ice, tried to wipe it up, slipped on an ice cube, went a** over tea kettle and found I landed on my leg like Gumby. Broke a bone in my ankle, broke my fibula and tibia and I never even got to bowl! I did raise $130 for BB/BS. My bff took me to ER where we sat for 2 1/2 hours with not enough pain relief. Apparently it was very busy and it took all night before I got exrayed and they realized it was a break. Duh! Had surgery on Saturday morning and went home that Sunday. Had to cancel our trip to Florida.

Good thing I broke my leg. My brother in law ended up in the hospital and was dying of emphysema. It was heartbreaking for me and my husband who thought of him as a brother. Dale hung on and finally, my sister, Connie had to have him moved to a nursing home. He wasn't there 6 hours and he passed away quite peacefully. "Godwink" His room was arranged just the same as his room at home, so he thought he was home. Maybe that is what it took for him to go.

The wake is tonight and the funeral tomorrow. I have to keep my leg elevated wherever I go, so will have my wheelchair and pillow.

It is impossible to craft. I can't get at anything and I am lucky my husband helps me with the daily tasks of living.

For some reason, God wants me to "be still, and know that He is God."

After thought: Here's a great link: http://www.favecrafts.com/sweeps/Stamp-Sets-Giveaway

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am glad you are somewhat better and able to be online for a bit. Hope your foot isn't too bad after this weekend's events.