About Me

My photo
I have spent a great deal of my life battling illness. I suffered from Crohn's Disease and eventually had abdominal surgery, thwarting the Crohn's and budding cancer cells. Since my surgery in 1995 I have been relatively free from Crohns', although I had several subsequent surgeries related to my ileostomy..When my disease was in remission, I don't think my husband realized how bad it could get, but he has stood by me. I also have suffered from various autoimmune disorders and am diagnosed with Stage IV Kidney Disease. Fortunately, I am maintaining and do not need dialysis at this point. We adopted our son and later found out he had cerebral palsy, so he became my career. Dan has had two surgeries and tons of therapy and is able to walk because of it. He is a college graduate and is employed as an Information Specialist. We are very proud of his accomplishements. I am now part of the retired generation and still getting used to the idea. I do enjoy crafting, traveling and being with family and friends. I am active in my church and feel that the hardships we endure are there to build our faith. I like to live life in the "now" as we never know how much time is left.

Monday, November 8, 2010


Flight to Florida was a bit bumpy but we survived.  My cousin couldn't pick us up, so she had her friend pick us up who had been recovering from foot surgery.  Well, her foot was tired from the drive so Linda got to drive the Lexus!  (I don't like driving in strange places).  We made it here okay and took naps till my cousin, Shirley got home. 

Friday night we went out shopping.  Found a great Red Hat shirt and scarf very reasonable!  Then we went to dinner.  It was okay, but the fried ice cream desert was FABULOUS.  Picture to be included at a later date.  Saturday was the craft fair at church.  There were some beautiful purses there, but I resisted.  However, I did buy a few small gifts.  That night the water was shut off as a pipe to the road was not working properly.  We didn't know the water would be shut off, so we freaked.  Couldn't flush, brushed my teeth dry and took my pills with Pepsi.  Next morning we washed up with a facial wipe.  Went to church and made a bee line to the bathroom!  Ahh!  Toilets to flush, water to run and wash our yucky hands, water to drink...and COFFEE!  Love the Lord for providing that and when we got back from church, a yummy breakfast, and a trip to the craft store, lo and behold, we had running water!!!

I am still so tired.  They are only one hour ahead of central time, and we got to turn back the clocks, but still I am tired.  Today if it gets warm enough we are  going to the pool. (We = myself, sister Connie and bff Linda.  Cousin Shirley is working)   Otherwise, will check out the strip mall.  Doesn't hurt to look.

1 comment:

bad penny said...

Always dificult when the water goes off with no notice ! It's when it's not there that we realise how much we rely on it freely flowing !