About Me

My photo
I have spent a great deal of my life battling illness. I suffered from Crohn's Disease and eventually had abdominal surgery, thwarting the Crohn's and budding cancer cells. Since my surgery in 1995 I have been relatively free from Crohns', although I had several subsequent surgeries related to my ileostomy..When my disease was in remission, I don't think my husband realized how bad it could get, but he has stood by me. I also have suffered from various autoimmune disorders and am diagnosed with Stage IV Kidney Disease. Fortunately, I am maintaining and do not need dialysis at this point. We adopted our son and later found out he had cerebral palsy, so he became my career. Dan has had two surgeries and tons of therapy and is able to walk because of it. He is a college graduate and is employed as an Information Specialist. We are very proud of his accomplishements. I am now part of the retired generation and still getting used to the idea. I do enjoy crafting, traveling and being with family and friends. I am active in my church and feel that the hardships we endure are there to build our faith. I like to live life in the "now" as we never know how much time is left.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

More news

Thank you for all your prayers and please keep praying!  I really do feel uplifted in prayer.
  Monday night I got quite sick.  I thought it was just a cold and/or sinus infection but my whole head felt like a balloon ready to burst.  I had such a tremendous headache, the worst in my entire life.  I had body aches, chills, the sweats and started throwing up.  Anytime I tried to eat or drink water, up it came.  I suffered all night.  I thought Jim should bring me to ER for an IV (I dehydrate easily and have kidney disease), but he didn't realize how bad I was and I did not  want another bill.  When the morning came I waited till 8am to call the clinic.  I could get in with a nurse practitioner in two hours.  That wouldn't work.  I had no one to take me.  Finally I called a gal from our church that I am quite close to.  She took me to the ER.  You get in rather quickly when you are upchucking in their wastebasket!   Still, I waited quite a long time in the room as there were critical cases there.  More waiting, more pain, more nausea and chills.  It took quite a while for the IV to kick in.  They had to give me a second dose of pain and nausea med.
Meanwhile,  I was  waiting for my husband to get home from work.  When I dozed off, there he was!  My sister was in the same hospital with my Mom.  She is not doing well.  Her oxygen level is down and the pneumonia is now spread to both lungs.
When I got home, I felt quite dopey, but managed to call and cancel our trip to Savannah.  Another couple will take our place and we will get a full refund.  I made my follow up appointment with my doctor, and cancelled my hair appointment as I did not know how I would feel today.  I am hoping to sit with my Mom, even if it means wearing a mask today.


Linda said...

Take care of yourself too, you can't visit your mom if you are sick. I know you want to spend time at her side, she has a very loving family. I'm glad you're feeling good enough to blog.

Sandies' Patch said...

Here's wishing you all health and happiness and freedom from illness.
My thoughts are with you all, sending love and healing wishes to you all.

Carolee said...

I have been off line but thinking of you and your Mom. Take care of yourself! Hope you are feeling better.