My friend, Linda thought she would be coming home Friday or Saturday. At the least, they were to move her out of ICU.
She developed blood clots and swelling at the surgery site. Tomorrow she is going in for more surgery to have it all cleaned up and have some additional tissue removed.
She hasn't said it, but she has to be discouraged!
I, on the other hand, had a good day. I didn't need to take a pain pill for two days!
I ran some errands. One was to get some pants pinned for hemming. One pair didn't fit any longer since I have lost ten pounds! They are going to the consignment shop.
I made Creamy Burrito Casserole for dinner which was a real hit!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 -3 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- jarred hot sauce, if desired to spice it up
- Brown ground meat/turkey & onion; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
- Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
- Put 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that.
- Add a layer of cheese.
- You could put some hot sauce on this now.
- Repeat the layers.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.